Tuesday 7 February 2012

Wednesday state of mind

Firstly, I'm posting for my second time in 24 hours, after not having posted for almost a month. What just happened??

Now on to the main reason I am blogging. As per usual I woke up at 5:45 am this morning Tuesday 07 February. Except unlike any other morning  my brain had decided that it was Wednesday... And so the trouble began.

Wednesday is NOT my favourite day. It's smack bang in the middle of the week, meaning my enthusiasm has just run out and I am now starting to get very tired, with no happiness for the week ahead. It is also the day on which our maid (NOTE: not SLAVE!!!) has her off day. SO I have to do everything, meaning that I have to clean everything after cooking everything and do everything. (including repeating those tasks for my 15 ear old brother...)

As if this wasn't enough, my mind kept reminding me of the fact that it was today Wednesday and I planned everything around the fact that tomorrow would be Thursday and that Tuesday had somehow magically avoided my notice...

So I came up with a few absolutely ridiculous theories for my condition:
1) I dreamt of having "Tuesday" and thus "experienced" an entire extra day in my dreams.
2) I was drunk last night. So drunk that I never even remember drinking. So the hangover must have caused the mixed dates.
3) And my favourite one: I was abducted by aliens, experienced a whole other day and was brought back in time :)

Either way, it's a problem we all have and we do enjoy them, no matter how frustrating. It just goes to show how powerful our minds can be!

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment