Monday 16 July 2012

Gay Jokes

Firstly! Here we stand back from the other land after making amazing friends!!! Wow. What an experience in Europe.

Now on to the reason for my blog today. I know it's not in its  usual timeslot, but that's cause I missed two weeks :)


Recently I have been spectating a lot in the whole big debate about "Gay Jokes". There is a very large community out there fighting against these jokes, believing to be a discriminating action and degrading the gay community while complicating gay and straight relations.



Quite honestly this viewpoint irritates me. Are you really that self absorbed and naive? I personally think humour is a solution to so many of the problems in our society. We need it to relieve the tension between all the different viewpoints. We have such a large diversity in our world and we have to bridge the gaps in some ways.

I would love to say that I'd finished ranting now, butt fuck it, no I haven't. (see what I did there?). Another problem I have is people glaring at me (a gay teen) when I laugh at a truly hilarious gay joke. So what, you're allowed to make gay jokes but an actual gay person who really finds them funny is not allowed to laugh? Why is it so wrong for someone to enjoy humour?

Oh and one more thing. Please do not ever berate someone for making a gay joke in front of a gay person unless they are really offended. It just puts the gay person in a really awkward position.




Thank you!
Enjoy your jokes. Cum on guys!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment