Monday 24 September 2012

Let's Get Past the Fake

Time for another call down to planet earth.

"I want to fall in love. I want the right person for me. When we meet, looks won't matter. I'll love them for who they are."

How adorable. The relationship we all dream of. that one person we all want, the one with who looks won't matter. Let's get a wake up call.

I know one person who made a relationship work where "looks don't matter". She is one of the most strong willed girls I know and that is what helped. that is the only thing making the relationship work: the fact that she won't believe that looks matter.

I'm sincerely glad for you if you are that strong-willed. No, I respect you with all of my being. I am not a superficial or shallow person. Thus I am forced to admit: Looks DO count.

Of course we yearn for a personality, but look to the logical side of things. You notice someone for their looks, you fall in love with someone because of their personality. Yes, I admitted it, you fall in love with someone for their personality. But you can never deny that you notice someone for their looks.

I'm not asking you to prove me wrong. All I'm asking you to do, is to look at yourself and realise what you are saying.
And think.



Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment