Monday 17 September 2012

The Importance of Catharsis

Recently I have been struggling extremely with expressing my feelings. This also lead to a problem with bottled up emotions and how to get rid of them.

Normally I'd just have a debate with someone and yell a lot, or watch a sad movie and cry, and then I'd be all better. But something was preventing me from feeling.

To distract myself, I thought I'd go do a bit of research:

According to Wikipedia.com, tears are a secretion from the eye. I think that's rather an obvious fact (for those of you who were worrying, no you're not leaking...). These cleansing (yes they clean and have an anti-bacterial function) droplets can be brought forth through laughing or crying. The two best ways, incidentally, to maintain a harmony in you body and also the easiest ways to lose weight.




















Now all of this information is lovely, but helps nothing if you still can't cry. This is normally where people resort to substance abuse, or worse self inflicted pan. I know I have no right to judge, but you should never have to resort to hurting yourself physically (if you do struggle with this, at least try to talk to someone close to you!).


My simplest solution, read a good book, reminisce and then decide to find all your things you can be sad about. Grab a teddy bear (yes I have a whole bunch, and they tend to be the best companions) and hug them. They are the only ones who will never ever judge you and will always be there :)

And remember even when you feel like there's no-one to love you, drop me a mail. I'll see what I can do :)




Peace peepz.

No comments:

Post a Comment