Sunday 10 June 2012

Autumn and Balthazar

So today's update is almost a double feature!!!!

Firstly I have to splurge about fashion. Right now I am nearly freezing to death. In a country of warmth and sun, a day where the temperature does not exceed 12 degrees Celsius and the wind nearly blows you away is considered extremely cold. And it's not like we had a nice period of adjustment. We don't have inbetween seasons (like autumn or spring) we have an inbetween weekend (or week if you're lucky). We hop directly from the heat into the cold. This has had an immense effect on our fashion and style. Mainly that Autumn colours are still worn to almost the beginning of spring...




 Now don't get me wrong. I love the colours of autumn. Vibrant reds and oranges, yellows that grab attention and subtle browns that underline it all beautifully. But I absolutely detest them when thrown together in a nightmare of "seasonal fashion". Can we please reconsider this awful trend? Mix the "autumns" with darker winter colours or brighter summers! Not only will you look better but also feel better!!! (it's proven, summer colours give more energy and winters bring tranquility!!!)





Now on to part 2:

Last night I received a "musical education" from a very enthusiastic friend. She introduced me to a whole range of bands, from Ashtray Electric, to System of a Down and some Creedence Clearwater Revival. She even got me to watch a Rammstein music video (I'm not a big fan of metal you see). But the band that impressed me most, was Balthazar.



This band, that can only be described as alternative, has a very unique feel to their music. I can't even explain what drew me in, but soon enough my head was nodding to the beat and my feet were tapping. No wait, now I make them sound "dancy" and "beaty". There is a lot more focus on melody and lyrics. I\ll admit, they are strange lyrics. But strange lyrics have a tendency to stir the soul.



 I hope you enjoyed the music video!

Just goes to show you never ever know enough about music...

Peace peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment