Friday 22 June 2012

Phwl Designs : Dark Carnival Cocktail

So guess what!!! It's time for the second ever Phwl Designs ever! YAY! Get your bi-weekly official original fashion design dose now!!!!!! :D

Last time I asked the readers to comment whether they think I should continue. Well, I didn't get any, but at least that means no-one disliked it enough to let me know :) Hence I have created the second post!

This time I decided on a bit more of a practical wearable dress, but still verging on wacky funky feel. The spooky, but sexy Dark Carnival Cocktail dress! This also came from a friend who said she wanted to go to a party with the dark carnival theme but had no idea what to wear. The rest is, well, modern history :)

So I must admit. I unfortunately cheated. It ended up with a much more Halloween feeling than a "dark carnival". But I'm not disappointed (or sorry) in the least. The Feathers in the mask are supposed to be the ends of peacock feathers (yes my shading is horrendous). Further the silver sequins on the black mask help to create a striking contrast. The mask on a stick reminds of a renaissance effect, another era I am in love with. Purple is one of my favourite colours and I really enjoy using it, especially for a dark, dramatic or ominous effect. The glossy black sequins on the dress were inserted to work with the sequins of the mask to add more of a carnival effect, but keep it dark and shadowy. I absolutely detest spiders, but for some reason the chest piece just screamed spiderweb at me: It's almost a netted spiderweb in front but two simple chords across the back. The jack-o'-lanterns on the bottom hem of the dress add a fun and eery effect to the dress, while contrasting with the dress itself (through the clash of orange and purple). Finally the huge, leather, belt with it's prominent buckle created a wonderful focal point to the design and also helped to give it a very definite shape.




And that would be that! The inspiration behind this spooky, wacky fun dress design :)
Peace

(due to the low amount of feedback I will again be asking you what you think and whether I should continue... Please let me know what you think)

No comments:

Post a Comment