Friday 8 June 2012

Phwl Designs : Elvin Queen

 Okay! hay Blog followers! it is now my wonderful privilege to bring to you the new bi-weekly feature to the phwlofthenow blog!!!!!!!!!!!!! Introducing.... Phwl Designs! (too much?)

Okay! so from now on, every second Friday, I will post one of my fashion designs and explaining the motivation and creative exasperation behind them.

So, to kick it off, I thought I'd start with one of my personal favourites. The design is called elfin queen since that''s exactly where the idea came from. This is actually a commission I did for a friend. She asked me what an elvin queen would wear and I said DESIGN CHALLENGE!

I love the whole medieval-feel to the long drop sleeve and the high collar.  Another fun part of this design was the linking motif of the netting closed off by the leaf, on both the dress and as a "veil". I also played around a bit with the concept of exposed vs. covered with the slit in the bottom, the sleeveless side and the white glove. I loved using all the green and brown in this one, especially with the two layers of the bottom half.



So that was the story behind the Elvin Queen dress!
Peace!

(ooh, I'd really like to know whatcha think and whether I should continue with this feature! so drop me a comment below :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment