Sunday 24 June 2012

Turn it UP!!!

Okay, so I'm not going to lie to you. I have been extremely bored this week.. So I have pretty much nothing to say... But as you know me, I have the ability to say nothing in a very huge blog post ;P

But instead of saying nothing, I decided to do another music and band feature. Today I will be gushing about three of my favourite musicians :) Included with each is my impression of them and two music videos by them, s you won't be bored (I should be classified as clinically insane...)

1. This is a band that I only recently, and to my own great embarrassment, discovered. The band Dear Reader.

What took me by storm about this band, is the simplicity of their music. Don't get me wrong, it's not some easy little piece that you can just play, it's a lot more complicated than many other songs today. But there's an absolute magical quality to Cherilyn MacNeil's (the lead singer) voice. I loved getting carried away by their music to complete magical places and hiding in the crannies of their melodies.



2. The smooth and relaxing sounds of Katie Melua.

I am rather satisfied to say that I have at least known of Katie for a while longer than my stints with the other musicians mentioned in this post. I am a huge fan of jazz and blues and love to just turn her music up and float downstream in a steady flow of rhythm and beautiful lyrics. I love the subtlety of her music, but also the amount of emotion she manages to convey. She also has the most beautiful love songs I have ever heard...



3. Finally I bring you something slightly different... I love Paramore...

Yes, it is way different than the other two musicians, but I freak out when I hear a Paramore song. I just can't help it. They are one of my favourite ways to reach a catharsis (you know, emotional discharge?), whether I'm sad, angry or happy, Paramore has a song to bop my head to and scream lyrics from the safe confines of my secluded room. They are my own sign of independence as they were my first "rock band" (I was brought up in a very strict house and this was rebellion of the MAX!). But I really love them <3


   
 PS: Did you know Paramore comes from paramour which means secret lover? (yes I know they're the "twilight band". does it look like I care?)

Wow, it seems that I'm really into the whole female vocalist thing? Or maybe that's just what I want you to believe... Either way, I love these musicians and their music and I hope you will too. Lastly, no matter what your music is, be it Gaga or Bizet (yes, he's a classic composer) TURN IT UP!!!

And that was my nothing for the week.
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment